Thursday, February 26, 2009

Everything with a Hitch

Non-sleep night. I must be very tired, but then my brain seems affected by an unexpected and ridiculous event, causing a delay in my plan of moving. Trying to settle down as quickly as I could, I visited VivoCity’s StarHub CS Center. The purpose was to shift the online connection to my new place. At the counter, I was told that there was no signal at the address. Therefore, no connection could be established. Excuse me? Before signing the rent contract, I expressly asked the guy from the management company about the availability of connection. What he said was effectively that there is a cable connection point (yes, there is), but I must sign up with StarHub by myself (I already have my own contract). To solve the problem, I was also told that a document is necessary to show the gross floor area of the house to be submitted to URA. I immediately contacted the man and he referred me to the office phone number. Then, it was “let me check. I’ll get back to you.” This issue is of a life-or-death nature to me. I planned to carry my computer there today and began to live there. The plan is now totally botched. Then, I wonder if there is any tenant who has had this trouble before and if everybody is happy without online connection there. Nobody is using even e-mail? Unbelievable. Nothing can be done without a hitch.

*
Yesterday, armed with the new prescription, I went to my usual pharmacy. The pharmacist was on the phone, but when she saw me holding a piece of paper, she said, “You want to order that?” She remembers me. Probably I am one of the very few people who look like a northeastern Asian and need Cymbalta.

No comments: