Tuesday, December 09, 2008

E-mail Trips, Furure Housemate & Beria Searcher

I made two trips to Coffee Bean today, in the afternoon and evening, to send a few e-mails. At home, if the file is medium-sized, Hotmail fails to complete uploading it or takes longer than forever to do so. The performance’s been noticeably slow for the past few weeks, with the message, “Connection Interrupted,” appearing on the screen too many times, and my feeling is that StarHub’s server capacity is not large enough.

*
Supposing that I really have to move out here next month, there are a few issues I have to consider seriously. As it is unlikely for me to find an apartment that I can afford to rent in whole, I need someone to share the unit with. From my own horrifying experience, there is strong resistance in me for sharing in the first place. Secondly, even if I can force myself to accept the inevitability of shareing, the person who shares it with me must understand my working from home. Practically, how could we divide the payments for the utilities fairly when I would stay home for far more hours than my futute housemate? I would not want to share it with a friend too close. Neither do I want a total stranger.

*
For many months, a recurring item that has been searched on the net by someone or some people is the sadistic torturer during the Stalin era, Beria. Who is it that’s so interested in his life and behavior?

No comments: