Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Opera DVD Experience. Bloody Pee??

I listened to/watched Mahler’s 8th again.

*
So many years ago, I was among the Osaka audience for a concert of the Boston Symphony Orchestra with Seiji Ozawa. The program was Mahler’s 3rd symphony. Ozawa taking a short rest on a chair after the 1st movement, prepared for him beside the podium, and a small action by his left hand making the whole choir to sit down (so cool!!) are things that one can see only at a concert hall. Watching opera DVDs is a different experience. For example, when a love story by Richard Wagner “Tristan und Isolde,” which Mishima Yukio adopted for his movie “Yukoku (憂国),” is performed by an elephant and a whale, like the one by the Met (conducted by James Levine), it almost totally destroyed the story.

*
I had a pee break after the Mahler’s 8th DVD and I think I found my urine had a wine-red color. Was my vision blurred? It is always a sequence of automatic actions, pee and flush (I pee sitting on the toilet), so I didn’t pay enough attention. That’s why I can only say “I think…” Well, I wait for the next pee occasion to see if anything is wrong. Was is bloody pee??

No comments: