Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Also Sayonara to My PC??

My PC has been acting funny since last night. The left “Shift” key is completely gone. The Shift function seems on all the time, preventing me from typing the symbols like “. (period),” “/ (slash),” and “’, (comma),” and the characters are all capital unless I press the “Caps Lock” key, a reversal of its normal function. In the same way, those symbols appear as ">," "?," and "<." Without the “period” key, I can’t finish my sentences!! I removed the “Shift” key and cleaned inside, suspecting loose connection, probably making the matter worse. Today, I used a room vacuum cleaner to clean up the keyboard and it sucked the “Shift” key in! I had to put my hand into a dust bag… Moreover, my “Firefox” browser sometimes opens a new window when I click a link in a web page.

Now, I’m typing using an external keyboard I got at a computer shop a few hours ago. A second keyboard is connected to a laptop, a stupid sight. This PC, which has worked so hard for me, appears to be approaching its final days.

No comments: