Sunday, November 18, 2007

Who's Crazy? You or Me?

I have almost finished “Tonight, at the All the Bars in Town (「今夜、すべてのバーで」)” by Nakajima Ramo (中島らも). He knew a lot about addiction, alcohol or drugs. In the book, he even talks about Karl Menninger, who, according to Andrew Solomon’s “The Noonday Demon,” said that suicide requires the coincidence of “the wish to kill, the wish to be killed, and the wish to die.”

And he cites diazepam, nitrazepam, opioid, methaqualone, ethinamate, ethchlovynol, amobarbital, pentobarbital, meperidine, Brovarin (bromovelerylurea), Elavil (amitriptyline), Aventyl (nortriptyline hydrochloride) and others. As he of course writes names in “katakana,” I cannot figure all out.

And I have taken the followings over years:
Zoloft (SSRI)
Zopiclone (cyclopyrrolone)
Lexapro (SSRI)
Ativan (lorazepam)
Epilim (Sodium valproate)
Valparin (valproic acid)
Effexor (SNRI)
Xanax (benzodiazepine)
Valium (diazepam)
Cymbalta (SNRI)

Hahaha!! What am I doing here??? I’m not going to be any kind of addict!!! But one interesting thing is he advocated the monopoly of controlled drugs by the government. It pretty much sounds like the view of the E.

At times, I feel quite ok or very “normal” and those who think I’m crazy are in truth “abnormal.”

No comments: