Thursday, August 02, 2007

DAY 2 IS OVER

DAY 2: Training began in a serious way. And I’m inundated with the amount of information, with unfamiliar terms and acronyms, I should absorb. As Manager said on DAY 1, “it will take three to four months,” I should not push myself too hard…

Yesterday, an HR person showed me and another new comer around the office, introducing us to other staffers. One of them said, “Your first day? We’ve been just bought!” From the previous night’s news reports by Reuters and CNBC, I already knew that the deals had been closed. And from 9:30, there was a teleconference by Clare Hunt, one of the executive VPs of DJ & Company and the president of DJ Enterprise Media Group (EMG). This kind of open culture within the organization is to be commendable.

Also yesterday, a few minutes past 6:00 pm, I was trying to finish reading some material provided. Then, Manager said to me, “You don’t have to wait for me.” I was really not waiting for her. But what I realized when I turned around was that everybody else had already gone…

*
盗んだ新聞読むのが日課 無職男を逮捕 愛媛・松山市(産経新聞)

散歩中にポストから配達済みの新聞を盗んだとして、松山東署は1日、窃盗の現行犯で松山市朝生田町、無職、藤原茂容疑者(63)を逮捕した。
調べでは、藤原容疑者は1日午前6時40分ごろ、同市持田町の愛媛県総合社会福祉会館のポストから産経新聞1部(100円相当)を盗んだ疑い。ほかに8紙を自転車の前かごに入れていたという。
自転車で散歩がてら近くの道後公園に行く途中に新聞を盗み、公園で読むことが日課になっており、どこの家に何の新聞があるかを覚え、少なくとも3月ごろから犯行を繰り返していたとみられる。「産経新聞と日本経済新聞が好き。経済に興味があった」と話している。
先月末に同会館から「3月ごろから新聞が抜かれているようだ」との相談があり、近くの交番の警察官が張り込みをしていた。
(2007/08/01 18:52)

Oh no, it sounds like my future…

*
A year ago to the day, F passed away at 62. Certainly, those people, of course including myself, who owe him a lot, remember the man with deep emotions.

No comments: