Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Anxiety Attack???

敗戦記念日。

*
On the past weekend, I found a large envelop from brother. It contains some documents about my pensions scheme and credit card usage. One thing I noticed in his letter is that he notified me his new address. What that implies is that their separation is now complete…

*
Yesterday morning, “blackout” struck me. Very scary. Hot flash, cold sweat and I became blind and collapsed to the floor. I needed someone’s help but the only other person who has the key is Miss Q… No choice, with heavy breathing, I managed to call her…

Again, I went to Dr. Goh’s clinic. The potential causes are anxiety (panic) attack, low blood sugar level and internal bleeding. We agreed to have my blood sugar level tested on Saturday.

Anxiety? Maybe… The package from brother is innocuous enough but its implication is not to be ignored. Work? Since starting this job, my every day has been certainly and drastically changed. But panicky about work? I don’t think so.

*
「白い巨塔(第2巻)」から:東教授の後任を決める決戦投票で、財前支持派は第3候補で財前の前任助教授だった徳島大学の葛西教授の支持者を取り込み、東教授が差し向けた金沢大学の菊川教授に僅差で勝利する。

尊大にして傲慢な財前は、大河内教授の基礎研究室で同窓だった第一内科の里見助教授から依頼された胃癌疑診の患者を噴門癌と診断。見事に手術を終える。しかし、肺への転移を疑って、肺結核を患ったことのあるこの患者への断層撮影を依頼した里見を無視してドイツでの国際学会に出発する。そして患者は呼吸困難の症状を見せ始める。

No comments: