Tuesday, July 10, 2007

EP Approved

My employment pass application has been approved. JD called me yesterday. Two weeks, quite fast and I’m pleased. However, there are still a few weeks before I start working there. The reason of waiting is not clear. The employment contract says that the starting date is August 1 and before I signed it, I pointed out that it shouldn’t take so long for the pass application to be approved (or rejected). And it was agreed then we would have another talk if it has been approved way before that date. And also F was a joint venture of JD and R until the end of last year and the systems are still being integrated. As the e-mail from the boss today tells me it would take some time to get the stuff ready for me, a new employee. Okay lah. Whatever the reason, I’m certainly glad to learn the application has been approved. Relieved, I have free time for another few weeks.

*
Since yesterday, the “alt” has been dead again.

No comments: