Monday, July 16, 2007

Bob Woodward Stays with the Washington Post

Meanwhile, Bob Woodward stays with the Washington Post and, in May 1979, becomes assistant managing editor for metro news. Then he is tripped by a totally fabricated, and Pulitzer winning, story about an eight-year-old heroin addict, “Jimmy’s World” by a new Post reporter, Janet Cooke.

*
It was just the kind of “Holy Shit!” story that Woodward was known to love… (p. 193)
It was just the kind of “Holy Shit!” story that Woodward loved. (p. 196)

Did the author, Alicia Shepard, copy and paste the phrase? This is the second instance of repeating two almost identical sentences so far in the book. (I forgot in what pages I found the first one…)

*
I noticed today that my pair of white Adidas with green lines disappeared… Stolen or thrown away?

*
Sleep trouble again. This time, the problem is that I wake up only after a few hours… But I called home and that means my mood is okay.

No comments: