Saturday, June 09, 2007

Medicine Replenishment Secured

I got a small one-off translation job and have already finished it. Though not much $, it helps me pay for medicine, lenses and phone bill.

Mr Consultant did send an e-mail on Wednesday, it turned out. There seems some trouble receiving with my Hotmail account.

The UK-based MNC job cannot be the one I thought I was if I am to believe the posting because it says “Last Update: June 1.”

The tide must change someday to my favor. The issue is whether I still possess the energy to persevere. The feeling of despondence is overwhelming.

*
Last night, sleep was okay. I don’t why but it appears I’m able to sleep with less difficulty without a pillow. Dreams about high school band days. Cramped space to store instruments, cardboard boxes collapsing over my head. Attending an English lesson as a fake student for a demonstration purpose. Quite stupid, but not a nightmare. A nice girl, fond of me, was very frustrated with the way the class was conducted. So was I.

*
“At Canaan’s Edge”: Now in 1968. King insists on his plans an anti-poverty rally in Washington crossing the race line. The Tet offensive starts in Vietnam. Bobby Kennedy U-turns himself by announcing his candidacy against the incumbent President and Eugene McCarthy. No easy room for LBJ. No win assured in Vietnam by going ahead, no retreat allowed. Challenges from his own Democratic camp. Great Society not appreciated. Such a pathetic figure…

No comments: