Monday, May 07, 2007

Sigh of "Half-Relief" (Feeling Tired)

I arrived for the interview a few minutes late because I got the company’s address wrong (I didn’t check it before I left home) and got off the taxi one block short. They gave me two “tests” for my writing and data reading, both financial. Not enough time to finish and I didn’t have anything to refer to. I was working on them only with the knowledge in my head. I’m not so sure of the quality of my writing because I had to do it long hand, adding and deleting words here and there. But then, the interview itself went well, I believe. Now, another waiting period starts. They told me that there would be one to two weeks for their selection process to complete.

Quite often I find myself feeling better than ok (uninhibited, sort of) talking to non-Japanese people in a non-Japanese language. Today’s interview was one such occasion. The reason may be that the kind of situation reminds me of my Kalamazoo days. Well no regret over anything I did and said in the interview and now it’s totally up to them to decide. In any case, I can’t do anything now to make myself look better. But I’m feeling rather optimistic, after so so so many weeks of pessimism. A big sigh of “half-relief.” This day has consumed a lot of what little energy I still possess…

No comments: