Friday, May 04, 2007

Hilfe Brothers and My Dream Wedding Party

Row was just calm enough to watch “Cost-Travers-Ford” dial numbers. Row tries to find the person to whom this man with three names was speaking in this phone conversation (“There’s no hope) right before he transfixes his throat. Row’s last attempt leads to the voice of Anna Hilfe. They meet each other at her flat not in the way he expected they would… Row confronts Anna’s brother, Willi, to get the photographs.

*
It was a wedding party dream. For me. Hahaha!! I don’t think I’ve ever seen my wedding, real or in dream. But my bride didn’t show her face until the end of the party. And I don’t recognize any person at the party. Not a big party. No MC. No staged ceremony at all. People were simply drinking and chatting. Some of them talked to “us.” A man of mid 50’s gave me a cash gift envelop (yes, that traditional envelop wrapped around with red-and-white laces). Tell me how much it contains… Turning over it, I found “Tanaka Kakuei (田中角栄)” written with a calligraphy brush. The man seemed to come to the party for the former prime minister. My bride appeared so abruptly and I saw her face so clearly. I know her. She was my immediate boss for a time at that profit-driven English school, which went under last year. But she is married to the mustached Mr CC. Or did she divorce her hubby? Why did she appear? I know there is no point to think why. It was just a dream. (About Mr CC: He, American, was friendly to me, working at the same school. Twice he surprised me. Sitting on a platform bench, he all of a sudden asked me, “Have you been to jail before?” I was like aghast at the question. He went on, “For sexual assault.” Aghast again. That was the first time. The second occasion came a few years later, I believe. He was attending to a prospective customer, e.g. student. And Mr CC tried to, yes, assault him, yes, him, and yes, sexually!! He was sacked on the spot.)

No comments: